Facebook Anthem

Friday, December 11, 2009

The "Facebook Anthem" is a viral music video produced in 2008 which features an array of everyday people singing a parody of Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire" with a chorus of "I'm Getting Bored with Facebook". The song's lyrics lament the explosion of Facebook applications, polls, quizzes, and features.




Lyrics

Facebook is a crime
When people have too much time
Sending me requests
IQ and brain tests
It's no f**king joke
I don't like to Super Poke
Scrabulous, Hotness
Update my status...

CHORUS
I'm getting bored of Facebook
So don't invite me
Throw a sheep
Or bite me

Please don't hug me
Give me your Graffiti
Hot or not?
So what?
I don't want to know.

Movie Quiz
S*x Quiz
Stu*id Johnny Depp Quiz
Family Guy
Which one am I?
They all have to go.

Pirates and Zombies
I really hate these
Sticky notes
Horoscopes
Join in the chorus please!

CHORUS
I'm getting bored of Facebook
So don't invite me
Throw a sheep
Or bite me

I hate applications
There are far too many
And I don't use any

Which Princess am I?
Send another Valentine
Group Request
Likeness Test
Will this ever stop?

Cute vs sexy
Colours represent me
Free Gifts
What's this?
Now that really takes the p*ss

Oh no
f**k me
Another Fortune Cookie
Texas Hold'em
I think I'm gonna fold

Friends for sale
Compare me
How many more can there be?!
Super Wall
Fun Wall
Drives me up the F**KING WALL!

I'm getting bored of Facebook
So remove the friends
Who drive you round the bend
Delete Applications
There are far too many
And they just keep going
On and on and on and on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 

Labels

Labels

Labels